2.13.2009

happy almost valentines day ...

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far. The rain has kept us inside off and on this week, but it has been nice to stay home and catch up on things around the house! Tomorrow is Valentines Day :) Do something special for someone! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a special day tomorrow.

*** I know this isn't an uplifting part of the post, but I would like to share this story with you because it has affected me in a way that I cannot ignore this issue that is going on.

My husband was driving home from work one night last week and, as usual, was listening to Christian talk radio. A woman came on the radio and was sharing her story in hopes that it would gain more publicity and attention.

This woman was a nurse at a hospital in Illinois (I think) and one day came across something that would change her life forever. In this hospital that she worked at, they were performing abortions for those girls/women who had discovered they didn't want their child anymore. So the doctors would perform an abortion ... in many cases, late in their 2nd trimester and into their third ... that would often start labor. These babies were born, some as early as 23 weeks, and these precious babies would be taken to a soiled utility room to be left for dead. The nurses would leave them on cold scales, metal shelves ... and "some were lucky enough to be wrapped up tight in a blanket under a heat lamp" without oxygen, food or medical care. Just to die ... alone. Cold, weak and innocent. When this particular nurse discovered what was going on she pleaded for medical care for these babies, but was rejected every time. The final straw was when she went into that utility room and took one of the babies, who was denied help, and held that baby close to her and rocked it until it took it's last breath. It broke her heart and soon after, she started speaking publicly about what was going on in many hospitals throughout the country. Because of the negative attention she was bringing in, she was soon fired from this hospital and has created a website that has more information in hopes that more people will hear this story and be touched enough to help.

This tore me apart inside because these precious little babies don't have a say in how they are treated. I don't understand how someone could be so heartless to deny a baby the health care it needs. They are LIVING human beings!!! I will be creating a sale in the next week or two and 20% of the proceeds will go to this organization to help spread the word. Stay tuned!

I am sorry for such a morbid post, but Valentines day to me is about loving everyone in our lives, not just our spouses. I want to love these babies and help them live the life that we were all blessed to live. I hope you will help me :)

Visit her website for more information: www.bornalivetruth.org. Thank you in advance!

1 comments:

kari.jackson said...

that is so unbelievably horrible!!!! i am glad that you did share this with us so that we can know what's going on with this awful issue!
thanks cristina,
k